Thursday, June 24, 2010

the princess




My running partner petered out on me about a third of the way through our run this morning. We ended up walking for a while and then I finished with her on my shoulders. As we walked and talked and she picked leaves from trees, I was struck with the realization that the days of piggy back rides are racing to an end. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's inevitable, and that realization more than made up for the interupted workout. Besides, sprinting a couple blocks with a nine year old on your shoulders counts for something, right?

Came home and did a 20 minute plyometric workout with mini me. He's gearing up for football, and I can always use the workout. We did pogo jumps, box jumps, prisoner squats, glute/ham raises and weighted crunches.

The part time gig at Parkland is most excellent. I love seeing the look on adults' faces when they realize that they can actually do it and that we're there to help them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go ggetting back into the exercise routine. It is sad when they grow up. That's what I miss the most about Tori.