Wednesday, January 26, 2011

back at it....

I am always amazed at how easy it is to get out of the habit of doing something. I missed a Friday run, and then a Monday run....and before I knew it a whole week of workouts had gone untended.

It's tough, but I got up off the mat and went 1.41 miles Monday after work, and followed it up this morning by reaching the (in my mind) near mythical 2 mile distance, 2.18 to be exact.

I am very proud of the 7th grade boys hoops team. Missing several players due to illness, including their leading scorer, they fell behind 24-12 at the half to a very strong Heritage team, only to storm back and win in Double Overtime by a 46-43 count. They have one more mountain to climb...an Arcola quintet whom they've never beaten in 8 attempts covering 3 seasons. They've gotten close twice this year, and the game is in Arcola, but I am confident that they can do this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea for you brother. If you look at my training schedule you will see a week Ana half of no running. It sucks but it sometimes happens.

Keep on truck'.