Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FOOOOOOOTTTTTBAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

Cookie's first game was last Saturday against Unity, and they played very well. As is tradition, a few of the second year guys move down and play with the first year team, and he made several tackles. The team lost 6-0, but Unity's team is comprised soley of 5th graders. He then got to play with the lightweights, and they fell 12-0 after fumbling twice inside the 20. The junior high team then beat the rockets 32-20, after being up 32-8 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm confident that the little guys are going to win some games this season. Next up, Monticello at home at 3 pm. That will probably be a tough one, but then the rest of the games are very winnable.

It's funny, but I take great comfort in knowing virtually everyone in attendance at these sporting events. VG isn't wonderful, but it's home, and there's just something about that small town closeness that I think I'd miss elsewhere.

The boss has been getting up at dark thirty to walk with me, and #1 son then does a 1/2 hour work out twice a week. Today, I threw in a 10 minute lifting session and worked the heavy bag for 5 more. Great workout, and my arms are fried.

Work is crazy busy as we push toward the September start. lots of long days, but ultimately rewarding.

No comments: