Saturday, February 26, 2011

cat's in the cradle...

My boy is just like me...and it scares the hell out of me. He's whip smart...not a great athlete, but loves sports and listens to his coaches and understands the game he's playing, be it football, hoops or baseball. He can also be lazy with a capital L...and doesn't work hard at school or sports unless my size 9 is strategically placed. I am determined that he not go on the 15 year college plan like i was on...and it's causing some duress in FATboy land.

I did make him go on my run today...we went 2.93 miles...just shy of the 3 mile goal, and he finished strong, outsprinting me the last two blocks.

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Yeah, I am approaching what, the 20+ year plan (on and off?). (And I still never got back to your pal in VetMed...).

I've made it abundantly clear to both offspring that they are not screwing around with the whole college thing.

We're actually looking at maybe not doing UIUC for either of them as well and perhaps going smaller private, assuming they can get scholarships and such...