Friday, February 8, 2013

Trial separation



 J-MO, one of my good buddies, has suggested that I'm not really divorced from Illinois sports, but rather going through a trial separation, and he could be right, because I do check up on them pretty frequently.   However, as with all breakups, the good things, if any, that your soon-to-be ex brings to the table are no longer made readily available to you when you split.

I am, therefore, forced to admit that like that special casserole that a former flame makes every week, I didn't get to taste and savor the Illini's epic comeback and last second win over the hated #1 ranked Hoosiers from Indiana last night.  Oddly enough, I'm ok with that.  I guess maybe the years of disappointment can't be easily erased by a crazy one night stand.  I'll continue to monitor them from afar for a while...not too high, but more importantly not too low. 

In Fatty fitness news, I'm down 1.5 pounds since Monday's weigh in, which is as I've said before roughly the equivalent of a flea jumping off the ass of Jumbo the Circus Elephant. 

No comments: