Wednesday, December 12, 2007

pondering

So, tomorrow I go to pick up the firstborn. This is the first time I've mentioned her in my blog, for a great number of reasons. First, there's the fact that we've not communicated much since she got the F outta dodge soon after she realized that VG's finest wouldn't fetch her back at my call once she turned 17.

The second reason, the one I've been pondering, is that until recently I never really considered her to be a part of the purpose of me starting this little slice of blog heaven, my continuing battle with fitness. It's only since I found out that she was to be released from the place she has been for these past few months that I began to see that she does in fact play a role in my mostly futile attempts to stay on track. I'm finding that my progress is a fragile thing, and any number of things can and do usurp control from me. Worrying about her well being is one of them. This Holiday season has taken a toll on my will power. It's been a constant litany of cookies and candy for the past ten days, and who am I to refuse and take a chance on hurting a colleagues' feelings, right? The incessant rain of the past week has certainly been a factor, along with the short days. Nothing like it being dark on the way to work and on the way home as well.

I really need to find a way to not let distractions interfere, but so far I'm failing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I could always rag on you about it. :) And you can rag back as I haven't been following the prescribbed TNT training.

But never fear, just hang in there and take it slow. Cold turkey is hard to do. Make it up after the holidays. Do what you can when you can. What you have already done now is probably more than 80% of the world's population.

Like right now, I just had dinner (pizza, hot wings and beer) and I am still on my ass filling my face with caramel corn because Allyson has it next to me. I feel the scale going - whoa there cowboy, I have springs.

Buck up there, little buckaroo, I will always be there for you.

nerdrium said...

Hang in there, buddy. I can't imagine what you're going through, but with your intelligence, wisdom, and patience I'm sure you'll come out of this just fine--as will your daughter.

As far as the exercise thing--it's Christmas season. We're supposed to be eating and not exercising.

At least the sun is finally out today. ;)

G.--