Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Couch to 5 K

Mixed results from day 1...hereafter known as the HOTTEST, MUGGIEST DAY EVER!

I jumped in to the C25K at week three, thinking that should just about get me to the Ag days run on schedule, and it was a bit too much. It called for two sets, and I was only able to complete one. brisk warmup walk from the house to the track, do two sets of 200's and 2 sets of 400's. Twice. The 86% humidity was pretty oppressive and I decided not to push it on my first day. I am encouraged that I was able to huff and puff my way around for a couple laps...but I surely didn't set any land speed records...Oh, and big props to Katie Dog, who, as always, ran with me...she probably ran twice as far as I did because she would range ahead and then double back to check on me. Nice Doggie....

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

This air is awful to run in! I start sweating before I even start running. Blech. Good luck with C25k. I started at week four and it is kicking my butt.

Onward to Ag Days!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the start - now stick to it. I won't hold back on the brutal comments if I don't see anything here daily about the schedule and your ability to complete the schedule.

Remember, my VG girlfriend will keep me apprised of your effort and resolve. :)