Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week two of the week three training...

I stuck with the week three training schedule and it felt better. Not great, but better..probably because the princess joined me for parts of the run and all of the walking segments. She's a natural athlete and I can't wait to monitor her progress if she chooses to stay with sports as she grows up.

Cookie had his first all-stars practice Sunday. He hit the ball really well, one of the top 4 or 5 out there....I was happy for him. The tournament starts the 12th, and i hope we win at least one game. We open with Paris and then play a Champaign team, win or lose. Tough sledding, but we've got some skilled players.

The princess has her final game on Thursday, and then I think they have some sort of tournament, also.

The firstborn has had a setback and won't be coming home this weekend after all...overcoming unfavorable circumstances is crucial to her development, so I hope she doesn't let this defeat her.

Net loss for the two weeks since this endeavor started is 4 pounds...Probably would have been more, but I devoured some pizza this weekend...washed down with plenty of barley and hops...
I'm willing to give up a lot, but some things are inviolate!

I hope that everyone has a fun, safe fourth of July, filled with family and friends.

1 comment:

tselliott said...

Sorry to hear that about #1. We'll be over at Wolf Creek this weekend. -- Tom