Thursday, July 9, 2009

Global warming

I completed my w4d2 Couch to 5k workout this morning, and it feels good, though my legs feel like they weigh about 2 fitty apiece right now.

the first 1/4 and 1/2 were pretty smooth, by VGFAT standards, the second 1/4 was a little tough, and by the end of the second 1/2 I swear I contributed to global warming by sucking a hole in the OZONE layer. Panting, wheezing, coughing and gagging were the orders of the day for about the first 100 meters of my recovery lap. By the second 100, I had actually gotten my breathing under control, and by the time I did my post run stretches I was breathing normally.

Kudos to the VGFAT dog for pacing me the entire way. She runs in front of me, investigating. If she ranges too far ahead she doubles back to check on me. Very nice.

The princess is SUPPOSED to have a tournament game tonight, but it's been rained out twice and I'm not confident in the weather holding off tonight either. It's been rumored that they might have to play a double header tonight to get the tourney back on track.

Mini me's all star team is gearing up for their first tournament game Sunday night at 8, which seemed like an odd start date and time. Not sure why we're not playing earlier, since it's a Sunday.

No comments: