Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back at it!!


Well...yesterday Katie Dog and I went for a nice 2 mile walk/run...emphasis on the run, for a change.


Many things have contributed to my lack of exercise over the last two weeks, but the main one is the VAST ARID SPACE where once my motivation resided. The wrist injury, cold weather leading to #1 son's lack of participation, Mother in law's illness and others in the litany were simply excuses that I allowed to derail me.
I am always amazed at how good I feel after a run or a lift. My whole outlook is generally better and I accomplish great things. Of course, yesterday this rosy view of life was quickly tempered when a brake line busted on my truck, almost sending me careening into oncoming traffic.
I've also gotten a better idea of my limitations. The 6 days a week exer-warrior thing was too much for my body, after years of beers & late night pizza feasts. I don't do well with chronic soreness. For the time being, 3-4 times a week is going to be my goal. Maybe by next spring I'll be ready to ramp it up. I am going to rest my wrist for the next couple weeks and then get back into it after thanksgiving. I'll continue to jog and try to watch my diet, so color me marginally motivated. I'm also in the market for a cheap treadmill so #1 son and I can work out together indoors.

No comments: