Friday, November 9, 2007

passions



As both of you loyal readers ( grin) know, I am a person of many passions. One of my strongest, which manifests itself every year around this time, is the pursuit of Odocoileus Virginianus, the White Tailed Deer. To this end, I decided this morning to run the trails that snake along the river in VG, hoping perhaps to catch a glimpse of a wayward buck or doe. The weather could not have been more perfect for a jog, the air still and crisp. The woods held that odor of falling leaves that says "It's time to find a tree stand to climb", stirring memories of long ago hunts with good friends and family.

I went for 1/2-3/4 of a mile, and I was amazed at the deer sign that was present. Technically, I was in town. 200 yards from my house, and there were rubs and tracks everywhere.

As a parent, I can only hope that my kids some day find something, anything to be passionate about. Maybe it will be hunting, or sports, or maybe I'll be lucky and it'll be computers, a la Jawad Karim. The one thing I do know is that life without passion would be pretty empty.

No comments: