Wednesday, April 9, 2008

busy

Time has come today Young hearts can go their way Can't put it off another day I don't care what others say They say we don't listen anyway Time has come today (tip of the cardinal cap to the Chambers Brothers)

The time for my job change is approaching, and I find myself with a severe case of short timer's disease. Problem is, I care too much about the students I'm serving to be the slacker I want to be. troubles.

The old lion has been moved from hospital to convalescence center, and he seems to be convalescing nicely, if his demeanor with the staff is any indication. He should be released unto the world in the next couple weeks.

Mini me's soccer team is looking decent. There's some talent there, but the same issues we work on season after season are manifesting themselves. They all swarm to the ball like me to a buffet line, never holding their position on the field, which comes back to bite them when they lose possession.

The baseball team is shaping up pretty nicely. The game's still not instinctive for most of them, which leads to some slow decision making, but we'll keep drilling it into their craniums until it comes a bit more naturally. I've lost 5+ pounds (which, as I've said before is the equivalent of a flea jumping off the ass of a circus elephant) simply by curtailing my lunches out and by participating in soccer and baseball practice. I threw about 90 minutes of bp last saturday...the arm felt like it was going to fall off....First soccer game is this saturday, so we'll see what we have. The princess is also playing, and for once I'll be able to watch her games without coaching duties.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad the young ones are active and busy. don't fault yourself on 5 lbs, soon it'll be five more and 5 more and that my friend is a bowling ball.