Tuesday, April 29, 2008

parental pride




#1 son isn't known for his public displays. In fact, he quit baseball because "everyone looks at me" when he's at bat. So, for him to overcome his trepidation and to perform well at the HRD midwest tournament was quite an accomplishment. It's true, what they say about having kids. It's eminently easier to bowl a strike with the match on the line or get a game winning hit in the bottom of the ninth than it is to watch your child make a similar attempt. I can relate to the elation that my friend the nerdgardener felt when his son, "Kenny" scored his first basket. #1 son finished second in weapons and second in sparring, which I think is pretty amazing considering the fact that this was his first tournament.

In employment news, the new job seems to be for real. I am really liking what we're trying to do here, and the way they're going about it is comfortable also.

Mini me's first baseball game is tomorrow, against the other vg team, so bragging rights are on the line. I wish the kids were as confident in their abilities as I am. Soccer wraps up this weekend, but plans are in place for a end of the season bash next Saturday.

1 comment:

Sister Unit said...

Way to go #1 nephew!!