Wednesday, April 2, 2008

parable, revisited

The old lion has gone back to carle. The same maladies resurface every 6 months, and I can't help but feel resentful because for 60 years he did nothing to address them and now I am expected to pay the checks that he wrote by abusing his body for all those years. I AM happy to still have him around, as most of my best friends have lost their dads. I just wish that he wouldn't try to guilt trip me into providing a level of care that I can't give him. He's generally been mean to the staff, and to me, to the point where I don't want to go see him. Of course I will go. It's what dutiful sons do.

In fitness news, I ran/walked for 27 minutes on Monday and I'm going to try to do some more tonight. #1 son advanced to yellow belt in HRD. He's taking great pride in his martial art and I am so glad that we signed him up. It got to be too expensive for all of us, so the boss and I dropped out, officially. We're planning on having #1 son teach us the materials at home. It will help us get fit and will help him remember his stuff. The princess is going to drop out too, apparently. She sparred for the first time last week and didn't like it AT ALL. She's got soccer and dance and brownies to keep her occupied. Mini me is in soccer & baseball, and #1 son has HRD & boy scouts.

No comments: