Monday, June 2, 2008

catching up...


So the remodeling project moves forward. The boss is amazing in her single minded focus. Front door is now in. Kitchen, living room, hall way and bath are painted. Cabinets are nearly finished, with fresh paint and new hardware. (Hinges and handles are significantly more than we expected, but still less than all new cabinets!) I finally finished trimming out the bathroom...it's only been two years since we put the new window in! I also trimmed out the patio door. This weekend, the porch comes down, and in two weeks we get the new flooring for the living room and after putting new base trim in, we'll be DONE for a while, I hope. A buddy of mine loaned me his brad nailer. I'll never hang another piece of trim without it, if I can help it.


The kids are, quite simply, amazing. The princess earned high marks in every subject, and the boys both made the honor roll after having terrible midterms. Mini me was in the top 5 in his class in AR (advanced reading) points, and #1 son had the most points in his class, by far.


Baseball season isn't going like we wished. We still haven't won, but the team is getting better every game. The light bulb's going to come on one of these days and we'll get a w. Mini me's in a hitting slump right now. His attitude has deteriorated to the point where he might find himself riding the pine at tonight's game, all because he fancies himself a pitcher. he's gotten better, but he has to understand that coaches kids are held to a different standard of behavior. If the other kids see a coach's kid acting up or pouting, they think it's acceptable and it all goes to hell.

Stepdad turned 70 on Saturday, and we partied all day long. Sister unit and her fam came up from the loo. It's amazing how much their children are growing, but I guess mine are too.

The class of 2008 graduated from VG recently...reading their bios in the paper made me sad and more that a tad jealous, because I should have been one of the beaming parents, helping to pick out a college, finding the first apartment, etc. Instead, I drove her to rehab, to keep her out of prison. Temporarily, probably.
In fat boy tries to get skinny news...I'm cutting carbs, ( no beer since last monday, so sell your A-B stock, immediately...or wait until that european company buys it!) and I lost 4 pounds last week. I ran/walked about 1-1/2 miles on Thursday, and then did the same or a little more on Saturday. Will try to squeeze in a jog tonight after work and before the game.

No comments: