Monday, September 22, 2008

Bears!


No. Not the decidedly mediocre monsters of the midway, who snatched almost certain defeat from the jaws of victory yesterday. I'm not talking about the baby bears who reside at Waveland and Sheffield and who clinched the division at the expense of my beloved redbirds, either.

I'm talking about Ursus Americanus. The American Black Bear. A half mile from my deer hunting spot in the wilds of Hugo! Crazy, right? Rumor has it that one of the locals struck it with a vehicle in Pennsylvania and brought it home to play a trick on someone, which if it turns out to be illegal, will mean that Cubby could end up biting the guy after all.
I swear there's a world series metaphor in all of this, but I'm damned if I'll say that the Northsiders hopes will probably end up road kill, just like the Hugo Bruin. That would be too easy.

No comments: