Thursday, September 18, 2008

lessons

A few weeks ago, without prior notice, the school dismissed early due to excessive heat. I can't remember ever being prouder of my children and their subsequent actions. Mini-me immediately went to the princesses' classroom, found her and kept her with him. He then returned to his class and used the classroom phone to call the boss for instruction. #1 son, having been dismissed a few minutes later, then found his way to them and together they proceeded to the bosses' workplace. It makes me think that the underlying themes of family, togetherness, and looking out for one another that Jules and I stress ad nauseum just might be sinking in. Or we're extremely lucky to have such GREAT kids!


#1 son is now playing soccer with mini me. This is his first real foray into organized team sports, and he seems to be enjoying it. He's got innate talent, but has to think about every move rather than letting instinct dictate.


The Princess is going to be a beast, if she chooses to continue. She's fast, tough and fearless.


Mini-Me is excellent, but he needs to remember to play within the rules...he gets a little chippy at times....probably a bi-product of playing football.


After two weeks my fantasy league team, the VGBuffones, is on life support. My QB sucks and the two receivers I counted on most are hurt. Kinda funny, but not being versed in Chicago Bears history, two of my opponents mis read my team name. One thought I had misspelled buffoons, and the one I liked most was the Fabulous Redhead thinking I was saying Buff Ones!

Doug, they're sorry. They know not what they do!

No comments: