Tuesday, August 28, 2007

possibilities

So, the boss and I both passed our Orange belt tests on Saturday. Instructor Lavigne had us holding some of our stances longer than the Sunsinger! During the q&a section of the test, he asked me what my future goals were for HRD. I hadn't given it much thought, but upon contemplation, I realized that if I were to achieve Black Belt status, it would mean that I had stayed with the program for at least 5 years and achieved a level of fitness that I could barely contemplate 6 months ago. It won't be easy, but it's possible and is in line with everything I'm trying to teach my kids....stuff like setting goals, giving maximum effort, being passionate about something, not quitting in the face of adversity....man stuff.

In football news, VG fell to 0-3 at the hands of South Piatt. The good news is that their best player is actually from Monticello, so won't be playing for them next year. The bad news is that we'll play Monticello next year. Mini-me had a so-so effort. He had one tackle but was singled out for praise for his pass coverage.

"Biggest loser" weigh in is Saturday, so I had contemplated being a complete slug all week to try to gain a few pounds. I'm on too big a roll right now, exercise-wise, so I decided not to sand bag.

No comments: