Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a new day...


Wow, what a difference one day can make! At the risk of pegging the cliche' meter, things seem to have gotten better with the new dawn. I've been pretty down about some personal things and my soccer team really hasn't responded well to my coaching, so my exercise regime has really suffered. Last night, however, the team really seemed to comprehend what I'm trying to get them to do, and after a few early speedbumps, we ended up having a spirited 90 minute practice.

This morning #1 son, who's not been real energetic over the course of the last couple weeks, hopped out of bed at first call (5:30 am) and was dressed before I was. Armed with this exuberance, I headed out. We decided to forego hills this morning because of the dew being so heavy. Instead, we opted to walk to the new park on the south side of vg and cruise around it a few times. Got in a decent run, walked a total of about 3 miles, and all in all spent about an hour on cardio work. Pretty good for a guy who has been in slug mode for the last week.

Tomorrow is lifting day, and this weekend is BMI testing as well as 6th week weigh in. I feel like I've improved, I hope the scales and meters bear witness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome VGFB, you got more mustard than I have. I had intended to try this morning until a well placed downpour persuaded me to stay in bed.