Monday, October 1, 2007

Let us begin.



So, with apologies to JFK, I knew when I began that this wasn't going to be a short or easy process. One doesn't undo 42 years of slothful indulgence by skipping dessert once or twice. However, I have to admit that I expected greater results than what I've experienced. I've modified my eating tremendously and I exercise for at least 1/2 hour 6 days a week. The results, 4.3 pounds net loss in 4 weeks. It seems as though I can eat more greens than
Bugs Bunny for 6 days in a row, living like a mormon,( Long Kiss Goodnight reference) only to negate any potential loss with one burrito as big as my head. Damned metabolism.

I lost most of what I gained last week. I'm sitting at 268.9. I will be doing everything this side of a coffee enema to get below 265 at next weigh in. I'll miss this week's weigh in because #1 son and I will be at Camp Drake for Space Camp.

If I make it below 260, I'm going shopping for some new threads. The three basic pairs of work duds I have are showing their age.

VG beat Arcola 32-6 in JFL action. Mini-me got to play for nearly the entire second half. He had one good solo tackle and "assisted" on three others. Assisted in this case meaning jumping on the guys' head as he was being thrown to the ground by others.

Going to HRD tonight for the first time since the infamous "let's have some fun" experience. Hopefully Instructor LaVigne won't be feeling so playful.

No comments: