Friday, February 15, 2008

Phyllis H Kaskavage, RIP

We buried my mother in law on Wednesday. A small Catholic cemetery just west of Oregon, Illinois. I'm not certain how to describe my relationship with her, but I feel compelled to try.

Our outlook on just about every topic was diametrically opposed, and this led to the occasional conflict. We always respected each other, but I couldn't escape the thought that she (probably correctly) felt that Jules could have done better on the spousal front than the wild eyed sailor boy she ended up marrying. Ultimately, she loved her kids and she loved my kids and that's enough.

She was an amazing woman who gave selflessly to her family, her church and her community, and I'll miss her. Even the times when she was razzing me.

This post doesn't adequately convey the myriad feelings I have, but it's enough for now. On monday I'm hoping to get back to mundane topics like diet & exercise...to try to get back to normal.

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

So sorry for your loss. I hope Julie is doing well.

Hang in there.

G.--