Monday, February 25, 2008

Sign o' the times...


Hat tip to Prince.....

So I had to go to the Champaign County Courthouse today...dropping off a money order that my eldest had gotten to pay for her latest transgression....and I couldn't believe how much of an ordeal it is simply to enter a public building these days. No cell phones are allowed, and no you can't leave it with us, thank you very little. What's that? You have the temerity to wear a belt? Off with your pants! I am all for the judicious use of authority to insure the public welfare, but I certainly wish it didn't come with a full order of self important toolhood. I'm sure that the deputies manning the post have to deal with all sorts of shady types during the course of their day...but nothing justifies the overall attitude and arrogance on display this morning. The first words I heard from them were.." You don't tell us when it's 8 o'clock...we tell you." Nice.


In the never ending battle of the bulge...I am up to 287...which I believe is the exact weight I was when I started this blog last Summer. Wonderful. I went about a mile today...mostly walking...then did a 10 minute core routine, so the abs are whimpering. Tomorrow I'm lifting & doing HRD.

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

"Who works for whom?"

The "guilty until proven innocent" attitude really can be quite irritating. Hey, buddy, not all of us are up to something nefarious...

Unknown said...

It is difficult getting in and sometimes getting out. Even when I have to work in the Macon countyjail system it can be difficult. Tools are a no-no.