Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sports are a diversion----not


So, the one redeeming factor(other than Demetri's continued emergence) about last night's pathetic Illini performance was the fact that I got to watch it with my bud, in his new crib, on his new HD flat screen. Unfortunately, this also gave us an opportunity to go back and review the crappiness multiple times. Of course, I could have watched on my wrist watch and been able to see the sloppy passes, matador defense and doinked 3 pointers at inopportune moments in the game. Bruce got t'ed up, and even after multiple replays we couldn't determine why. Randle's hurt again, what looks to be his fourth major injury in 5 years....he and Pruitt are Illini, so I'll always support them, but I am at the point where I can't wait for them to be gone and for a breath of fresh air to come into the program. This will be McCamey's team next year, and I for one can't wait. The biggest problem I have with watching Illinois hoops this year is it compels one to drink, a lot, so working out is not going to happen on the morning after. At least the pain shall be ending in a couple weeks....then I can start watching the mediocre Cardinals taking on the overrated Cubs. Joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

go CARDS!!! hang in there in my friend. Football is 6 months away if you count preseason.