Monday, March 17, 2008

ch ch ch changes....

Still dont know what I was waiting for..And my time was running wild. A million dead-end streets and Every time I thought Id got it made...It seemed the taste was not so sweet. So I turned myself to face me, But Ive never caught a glimpse of how the others must see the faker. Im much too fast to take that test. (tip o' the cap to that noted philosopher, David Bowie)

There are many changes afoot in VGFATland. I've been offered a new position here at the big U, and I've decided to take it. The boss and I have decided to not do beers at night, and I'm starting a lifting program tomorrow with my friend, the nerdgardener.

We're going to start the renovation this weekend, painting the living room. The old carpet is on it's way out, the front door is being replaced, the kitchen cabinets are going to get refinished. Damn, that sounds like a ton of work, and we've not yet begun to discuss the garage into living space remodel.

Mini me and I had our second baseball practice on Saturday. 40 degrees and a little misty, but we survived and the kids loved it. Soccer will begin its six week run in the next week or two, so we'll be chasing our tails, but we'll git-r-done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

busy, busy beaver said, "I'm way too busy."

way to go on the non-drinking weeknight score. assuming you are not giving up all weekends. are you> do I need to sell my AB stock? Say it ain't so!!

congrats on the new job again bro.

Ally said...

Glad to hear you got the offer and took it...I'm happy for you and wish you the best!!