Thursday, January 22, 2009

obsession

My fantasy has turned to madness All my goodness has turned to badness My need to possess you has consumed my soul My life is trembling, I have no control (tip of the Phoenix Cardinals hat to Animotion)

So I'm thinking I might be a little too wrapped up in this whole weight loss thing....

Twice now, I've had a dream where June Lockhart is a bounty hunter. Weird enough, but there's
a catch. She only hunts fatties! In the latest iteration, she unfurled down a banner like some cirque du soleil bit player, smiled beatifically at me as though I were Timmy, freshly raised from the well, and aimed a harpoon at me. Thankfully I woke up before she speared me. That would have been weird. :-)

The cold and snow has curtailed my running. I just can't make myself go out to the garage and jump on the treadmill. I am still doing the men's health dumbbell workout three times a week, and I've managed to lose 8 pounds, but I can't wait until warmer weather so I can hit the streets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the 80's lyrics you throw up here. Just remember this (and it isn't original) DDYA - Don't Forget Your Awesomeness!!!!

You are awesome. You are doing something. You are trying. You are in a small minority of people that are actually doing something to stay healthy. So stay motivated. Last week was bad for me. 2.5 miles total.

Keep it up. DDYA