Wednesday, January 14, 2009

snow crab


Weather in Vegas=Sunny with temps in the mid 60s

Weather in PHX= Sunny, with temps in the mid 70's

Weather in Orlando=Sunny, with temps in the mid 60's



Weather in Illinois=Ball shrinkingly cold, with freakin snow and wind and bullshit, and go ahead and try to go for a run you crazy bastard...and forget about seeing the sun for a month or so.
I'm supposed to be of hardy midwestern stock, able to put up with this with a smile on my face, but every year it gets more painful. I'm serious about being able to complete my first 5k. I'm serious about dropping the tonnage that I've accumulated over the past 15 years. And this weather is a serious impedement and it's pissing me off.

Seasonal affective disorder? Try seasonal affective frigging psychosis. No wonder the russkies/poles invented vodka, and the scandanavians perfected it, and I'm soaking up LOTS of it.
I did hit the weights with #1 son for a half hour last night. I introduced him to the unmitigated joy of the superset...hammering sets of db bench presses with push ups. He was impressed, certainly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A night out with Funmaster Astro and all that will change. I'll have you doing things that would make the 'Hook' of old bend over, grab his ankles and brace himself.