Friday, January 30, 2009

three tomatoes


mommy, daddy, and baby tomato, are walking down the street...baby tomato lags too far behind and the daddy tomato smashes him and says ketchup! (5 points to the first who can identify the source of this fine piece of trivia; bonus if you can describe the context)

Anyway, I'm going to try to catch up on goings on over the past week. We had three games...lost to two teams that we can beat...and won last night...turning in a defensive gem by holding Tolono to 2 points in the entire second half. Cookie had his worst game. He was really tentative, afraid to make a mistake, which naturally led to LOTS of them. As is his nature, he didn't let it keep him down...joining in the celebration after the game.

On the BFL front, I lifted Tuesday and I'll lift tonight. The only aerobic activity this week was a half hour of basketball with the team. Little bastards almost KILLED me.

#1 son will serve as alter boy for the first time, on Sunday. I am so proud of him. Public display is against his nature, but he's agreed to do this.

Another Busy weekend ahead. Hoops tomorrow. birthday party tomorrow night, hitting camp Sunday A.M. and then on to the grazing grounds for Superbowl festivities.

I really, really wanted to call my dad last night and talk to him about the victory. To try and see why I couldn't enjoy it more. to see why I was thinking more about what we did wrong than what we did right. Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is from Pulp Fiction. I believe between Johnny Travolta and the ever beautiful Uma Thurman. But I cannot remember the scene. Ahh well, I have slept since then.

Go Steelers and congrats to mini me on the win. Glad you're still lifting. Get your ass out there and start walking. When it warms up this spring I want to see you on the walking path at work 2 days a week.

Got it?? Said with a great thunderous voice.

Tony "the big fat loser" said...

You are correct, sir. I'll see if anyone else wants to play re: the second half of the question. I can't wait until it gets warm enough to get out and run. #1 son is going to run the 5k with me!