Tuesday, September 11, 2007

lessons learned


#1 million....

When your martial arts instructor says "Let's have some fun!", feign injury or death! He finished last night's class with a 20 minute introduction to calisthenics that were surely designed by the Marquis de Sade, in consultation with Satan and Richard Simmons. The diamond push up, the "w" pushup and the "rope pull" were just three of the little beauties that we enjoyed last night. The fact that I desparately need the exercise did little to mitigate the agony.


I added another item to the long, long list of things that my spouse can do better than I last night. After the joyous exercise session had ended, it was time to clean the workout mats. This is accomplished by spreading a wet towel on the floor and bear crawling it from one end to the other. The boss is amazingly quick, flying back and forth like a kid. Meanwhile I floundered like, well, Flounder.

No comments: