Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Of beer, sleep, and exercise...

So, due to my backward progress last week, I've decided to lay off the suds until at least Friday...possibly Saturday. I spent a miserable tossing and turning night last night, awakened by every little noise in our house. Hmmmm....7-10 beers per night=sleep like a baby....no beers=no sleep. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!!

On the bright side, I was raring to go for my weight training session this morning. Both Mini me and #1 son joined me. It wasn't the total fiasco it was the last time, but it had it's moments. MM would have loved to quit, but today I decided to encourage him to stick it out. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, he stayed and had a decent workout.

We discovered that a neglected bow hunting target makes a fine impromptu punching bag. We would take turns doing sets of bicep curls and tricep extensions in rotation with punching the bag. My arms were pretty heavy by the time we stopped for stretching and sit ups.

Tomorrow I test for Tenderfoot Scout! I'm also doing sixth grade math for what seems like the first time. Of course, given my predilection for consuming nature's bounty when I was in sixth grade, I very well might be.

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

Mmm. Beer.....

Try red wine and generic nyquil liquicaps from Dollar General. Works for me every time....

:)

G.--

Tony "the big fat loser" said...

Thanks for the tip, Dr. Feelgood :-)