Friday, September 14, 2007

a stitch in time....

With the arrival of cooler weather, I am looking to increase the duration of my morning jog. This has caused considerable consternation for #1 son, my erstwhile running partner. He's started experiencing side stitches whenever we try to go for any distance longer than a block . I'm not certain how to address them.

Today's issues were compounded by the fact that mini-me went with us. He's a better runner than either #1 son or me, and this is a tremendous source of frustration for big brother, who seems to feel like he's entitled to being better based on the fact that he's older. That mini-me is constantly in motion, involved in every sport, is irrelevant to my bookish oldest. So now I'm faced with a dilemma. I enjoy the one on one time with #1, but I don't want to discourage mm, because he likes it and seems to have a genuine talent for it. Perhaps the fatboy will be going on TWO daily runs in the near future. Damned kids.

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Heh--before I saw your last few sentences I was thinking "I guess you're going to be going on two runs...."

Keep it up!

G.--