Monday, September 24, 2007

Well,now I'm pissed.

I gained two pounds, up to 270.1 at this week's weigh in. Not too surprising, as my diet had back slid. I was hoping that I could counter it through exercise, but obviously I didn't do enough. My nose is thoroughly against the grindstone this week, and if I don't drop a couple pounds, it won't be from a lack of trying.

Went for a solo run ( Katie dog went with me) this morning. I'm trying to stretch it out a bit and Monday mornings aren't pretty for #1 son. The boss and I decided that we will let him sleep in on Mondays. As part of his preparation for tenderfoot rank in Boy scouts, he has to be timed in the quarter mile and tested in pullups, pushups, and sit ups. We'll work on it for thirty days then re-test for improvement. I think I'll test myself also.

Mini-me's final "B" game of the season ended much as the previous six, with an L, 14-0 vs. Cerro Gordo. The entire team played flat as a fritter. I don't know if it's possible to instill passion in 9 yr olds. He had a nice solo tackle on a running back and assisted on one other tackle. He didn't get to play much in the second half, which was disappointing. He will now move up to the "lightweight" division for the next two weeks. There are some big boys (200+ lbs) in lightweights, so my 70lb son better be aware or he's going to get hurt. Of course, he's never going to be as big as most of the players on the field, so he might as well get used to it.

No comments: