Sunday, January 6, 2008

Friends. How many of us have them?

Friends. Ones you can depend on? (Hat tip to Whodini.)

Got a call from my bestest bud, yesterday. Come to the auction and pick up the treadmill I just bought for you. No suggestion to bring cash or the check book. Just "come and get it", because he knew I needed it and would never buy it for myself. On the way home, I started ruminating on something I heard once. In our adult life, we should consider ourselves lucky to have 3 true lifelong friends. I think for most of us this rings true. Sure, we'll all have acquaintances that come and walk beside us for a while on life's journey. True friends, however, are a rare and valuable gift. It's been said that "friends help you move. True friends help you move bodies!", and I can kind of agree with the sentiment, minus the whole "felony concealment" angle.

So here's to friends. I'll sweat to you in the morning, if I can get #1 son off the treadmill. He loves it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And friends we shall remain. Nuff said.