Friday, January 25, 2008

mother in law

So, this weekend the boss and her family are set to move the MIL into a nursing home where she can get the sort of treatment for her illness that she needs. Frankly, she's chosen not to fight, after having watched her son battle lung cancer, so I don't think the end result will be long in coming. Selfishly, we wish she would stay around for years, but not at the cost of pain and suffering. Of greater concern to me is how the love of my life will respond when the time ultimately comes. She didn't do well when her father passed suddenly. The kids were babies then, however, and I worry now about how they'll perceive it if mommy has a breakdown.

Well, so much for Friday follies. I went about 1-1/2 miles this morning walking around campus, and I hope that temperatures come back to the positive side of zero in the next few days so I can resume jogging.

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

Hang in there.

M.--

Unknown said...

We will all be there if you need us.