Monday, January 14, 2008

monday morning, coming down

With sincerest apologies to Kris Kristofferson...

VGfatdog and I went about 1-1/2 miles this morning. Temp was around 20, with a wind chill making it feel like 9. New dri fit undergarments really seem to keep the wind at bay, so I wasn't cold at all. I've been loosely adhering to the "couch to 5-k" training program, found at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and today I increased my splits. I'm now running 3 blocks and walking 1 for the duration of my circuit and I felt fine. Having a small issue with my arches, but nothing drastic. To an experienced runner, it probably seems laughable to run for only 3 blocks, but when I started last Spring, I couldn't go much farther than 1 without wheezing, so improvements have been made.

Had some dietary issues over the weekend, but Monday weigh in showed me at a net loss of 2 pounds since last monday, so that made me happy. I helped a good friend move from VG Saturday, and he rewarded us with Monicals Pizza. Some damned fine eats, and who am I to refuse when in the company of good friends, eh? He built a new house along the Sangamon, near Rts 10 & 72, and I am one Jealous individual. Great location, beautiful home. He's earned it however, and this gets him much closer to his kids, so it's all good.

The boss had a few smoky treats over the weekend as well, but she's determined to jump back on the cessation wagon today.

HRD tonight, then lifting/core workout tomorrow morning, as the cycle continues. I'm going to attempt to include a swimming evolution into my training, in anticipation of the mini triathlon this Summer. Kenney Gym is open to UI staff, and is only 1 block from my office.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First congrats on the continual weight loss. And experienced runner would never laugh at a newbie. You are accomplishing lots. You are more determined than most. You are more deciated. Traits that alot of people would envy, including myself. Pat yourself on the back and keep up your good work.

Was it Eckerty that built the new house? Where at? lucky dog to find affordable land in that area.

Tony "the big fat loser" said...

Yes, it was the Eck. He purchased the last lot in Paradise Acres about 5-10 years ago, and has waited until he could build. Thanks for the kind words, bro. Now get out there and run!